This talk was given at a local TEDx event, produced independently of the TED Conferences. In Sierra Leone’s TEDxDayton talk, she discusses and performs her fictionalized monologue of Katrina survivor, Angela Chaffee. Inspired by real-life incidences, this work weaves the struggles of humanity into each line and addresses the far-reaching effects of devastation and oppression. It is a journey not taken lightly by listeners.
Through her poetry and on stage productions, Sierra aims to always connect the dots, embed parts of history and inspire her audience to come alive. Often referred to as Healing Producer and Artist Impresario of Urban Creative Arts, this poet, author, community activist, producer, educator and entrepreneur is known for using her hybrid style and personalized collaboration to design authentic works. Born Lucy Owens, Sierra is the President of Tripple Croxx Entertainment and Director of Signature Educational Solutions; a leading independent, creative-arts and educational organization in downtown Dayton. She is also the artistic designer and producer of the Off Broadway, Theatrical Revue, The Signature: A Poetic Medley Show, an urban creative arts production housed at The Loft Theatre.
UPCOMING FEATURES & EVENTS:
- January 18, 2015 @5:00 p.m. PBS Dayton “ART SHOW” Performance/ TCE Interview (On Demand as well )
- January 25, 2015 @5:00 p.m. PBS Dayton “ARTIST TIPS”
- National Women’s Month Feature @ University of Dayton Art Street March 24 & 26 2015
- 6 Lines Women’s Writer Retreat April 17-19, 2015
- National Poetry Month, Sierra Leone & Friends Performance Series, Philips Creativity Center, April 24, 2015
- SAVE THE DATE: The Signature: A Poetic Medley Show Opens 8th Season May 2015
- ( Check TCE & HRTC websites for updates)
- I AM MOON POWER LAUNCH FOR GIRLS & WOMEN MAY 1, 2015
- LAST POET STANDING AUGUST 7, 2015
- Girlhood Virtues & Graces Children’s Book Release (Fall 2015)
For Bookings PLEASE CALL, Lee L. Croxx, 937-241-4957 or email firstname.lastname@example.org